This is one of those "set it and forget it" recipes--it's no fuss and totally nourishing.
Simple Carrot Ginger Soup (makes 6 servings)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt + fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped walnuts and chopped scallions as a garnish
Add olive oil to a large saucepan with the chopped onion. Saute until onion becomes translucent and add the garlic with a dash of salt. Stir in the chopped carrots and allow to saute for 3-5 minutes before adding the ginger, coconut milk, water/veggie broth and curry powder. Salt and pepper to preference. Simmer on low heat for about 30-45 minutes or until the carrots soften. Finish mixture either with an immersion blender or adding to blender to achieve desired consistency. Serve with garnish of walnuts and scallions and enjoy!