This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie. These brownies are so fudgy and delicious you won't believe that they are both vegan and gluten free. This recipe is an awesome spin on a much loved classic--it has extra protein, fiber and the beans provide and really spectacular texture.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies (makes ~16)
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans (that have been soaked overnight)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325*F. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend thoroughly (this could take a few minutes). Brush a 8 x 8 pan with melted coconut oil. Use a spatula to spoon batter onto pan and spread evenly. Optional: sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for ~12-15 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.